I find myself frustrated quite often because I am so tired!
Ladies, raise your hand if you feel this way. As women, we juggle so many balls in the air and try to keep all of them in the air. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
The answer depends on how you feel juggling those balls. The question is who decides how many balls you have to juggle. Are all the balls the ones YOU want to juggle or was it thrusted upon you by someone else?
Ok, I agree sometimes there are so many things we need to do. If you are a mother, that means even more responsibilities.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is your tiredness physical or mental?
- Are you feeling tired out of boredom? (E.g. you are on maternal leave and you were working before)
- Did you check with your doctor if there are any supplements you can take?
- Do you exercise regularly? (30 minutes of physical activity every day will give you more energy)
- Are you able to do less? (Before you say ‘no’, really think. If your child goes to a class every day of the week, can you reduce it? For ladies who are single, what is it that you do after work? Too much outing and fun with friends?)
- Do you eat regularly and the right kind of food?
Whenever you find yourself tired, ask the questions above. There is a solution to any problem.
Sometimes changing your nutrition can sort your ‘tiredness’. Use the help of a nutrition coach if need be.
If you are actually doing a lot, then get some help! Ask friends or family to help. Delegate where you can – do whatever you need and take some tasks away from you.
At the end of the day, you have to realise that it is up to you to take care of your health and no one else will. This is really easy with a little bit of planning.
Have you ever felt this way and changed something to give you more energy? Share your tips below and it might help somebody!