COVID 19 – the pandemic has brought the world to a stop. Most countries have lock down in place.
There are so many people who have lost their jobs. My heart goes out to them.
If you are one of the lucky ones who is still in employment, be really grateful.
For those who have children, I know life can be a little hectic, especially if you are juggling work and home-schooling. I guess when our children go back to school, we will be extra grateful for the school system and teachers.
If you find yourself having extra hours in the day, how do you spend it? Do you just binge watch one series after another or do you just create one task after another – just for the sake of filling time? Don’t get me wrong – I’m catching up on movies too, but not the entire day.
If this situation is going to continue for a while, isn’t it better, we create a new routine for ourselves rather than let time slip by.
Whether you are working or not, here are my top suggestions.
- Create morning rituals like meditation and exercise
- If you never had time for food before, now is the perfect time to learn to eat healthy.
- With more time on hand, a lot of people can feel down. How about start a journal and pen your thoughts. There is no hard and fast rule. If you are happy about something, write it down. If something is making you anxious write it down. If you are feeling sad, write it down.
- If you love cooking, now is the time to experiment. May be you can aim to enter Masterchef next year? If not, at least your family will enjoy different cuisine. If you have children, it’s a good time to get them involved.
- Pursue your hobby. Whether it’s music or arts, there are so many things you can do indoors. How about gardening? Time to start a new project.
- Watch a movie. If you love movies, use this time to watch a movie or two a day.
- Learn to sit still. This is such an important thing to do and no better time than being in lock down. Allocate 5 – 10 minutes everyday to sit still. Start by watching your breathing. Learn to take slow and deep breaths. Feel the sensation the air entering and exiting your nose.
- Write that book you’ve always wanted to.
- Take afternoon naps. It also includes giving your body enough rest at night.
This list is not exhaustive and I don’t want you to do one thing after another. All I’m suggesting is that you pick at least one task that you’ve always wanted to do in the past but did not have the time to – and just do it!
I’m using this time to cook healthy food for my family (see my photo). 😊
Remember, this is a golden opportunity! A once in a lifetime opportunity to do whatever you want. Make it count.